The Mojito Crisp and Refreshing Hibiscus Summer Punch. On rustic wooden table. An adequately filled punch bowl can make or...
Johnnie Walker Black Label
Johnnie Walker Black Label is a benchmark by which all other blends of whisky are measured. It is rich, complex, and incredibly well-balanced, full of dark fruits, sweet vanilla, and signature smokiness.
Blended exclusively from whiskies matured for at least 12 years, it brings together flavors from the four corners of Scotland to create an experience that is complex, deep, and rewarding.This delicious scotch whisky rolls decadently over the tongue, releasing intense sweet vanillas that give way to orange zest and aromas of spice and raisins. The finish is unbelievably smooth and layered with rich smoke, peat, and malt.
How To ServeEnjoy Johnnie Walker Black Label in any way you like – on its own, with a dash of water, or in your favorite cocktail. We recommend the use of Black Label when mixing an Old Fashioned. The Black Label Old Fashioned is a cocktail made by muddling sugar with bitters, then adding Johnnie Walker Black Label and a twist of citrus rind. It is traditionally served in a short, round, tumbler-like glass, which is called an Old Fashioned glass, named after the drink. The Old Fashioned, developed during the 19th century and given its name in the 1880s, is an IBA Official Cocktail. It is also one of six basic drinks listed in David A. Embury’s The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks. Without a doubt, when you mix this cocktail, you and your guests will enjoy a truly remarkable beverage—interested in learning how to create more drinks? Find more top-shelf drink recipes.
The Black Label Old Fashioned
- Prep Time5 min
- Total Time5 min
- Yield1 Black Label Old Fashioned
- Serving Size< 2 oz
- Calories117 cal
To Create the Perfect Old Fashioned You Will Need
Black Label Old Fashioned Ingredients
- 1 jigger (1.5 oz) Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whisky
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 cube Sugar
- 1 piece Cherry
- 1 slice Orange
- Ice Cubes
Creating The Black Label Old Fashioned
The Art of Bartending Comes Into Play Here
- Place a sugar cube in a short glass and add a few dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Allow the sugar cube to soak with a few 3 dashes (1 dash = ¼ tsp.) of Angostura bitters. Then use a muddler to press down on the sugar cube and dissolve into the Angostura bitters.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Measure 1 jigger (1½ oz) of Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whisky and pour into the glass.
- Using a chopping board cut a slice of orange with a sharp knife and place on top of the drink with one cherry to garnish.
Pro Bartender Tip
Enjoy the rich taste of Johnnie Walker® Black Label Whisky stirred down with sugar and Angostura bitters for a classic cocktail with a smoky edge.
Wasn’t That Fun?
We will provide you with one-on-one bartending training to teach you how to mix 200 of the most popular cocktails. With this knowledge and your new high volume bartending skills you will be ready for a job as a bartender.